Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to help! If you have a question that was not answered by our FAQs, please fill out and submit this form to send it our way!
How do I update or deactivate my applicant account?
- At the top of the screen click "My Account Options." Here you can view and edit your information. If you choose to deactivate your account, our system will automatically withdraw all your active job submissions.
I have a disability and need assistance applying.
I am having difficulty logging in to the UPMC Careers site.
- Forget your login information?
Don't stress! Simply click "Forgot Your Username?" or "Forgot Your Password?" links. If you've forgotten your username, you will be prompted to enter a valid email address to retrieve the information. If you cannot remember your password, you will be prompted to enter both your username and a valid email address to retrieve the information. Please note: If you do not receive an e-mail, check your junk folder. Some email systems may filter our messages as junk mail. If you still do not receive an email, please let us know by submitting this form.
- First time applicant?
After clicking, "Apply," you can register a new user account by clicking the "New User" button, located next to the "Login" button. From here, you will be directed to a page where you will be asked to create a unique user name and password, as well as enter a valid email address. (You can use your preexisting google or yahoo account, if you'd like!) Please note, you will be asked for this login information each time you visit our site.
What is the recommended web browser?
- Our application is compatible with most major web browsers. If you continue to experience application issues, try restoring your browser to its default settings and temporarily disable all pop-up blockers.
My session timed out. Why?
- Time Limit
Your application session may have been inactive for 60 minutes or longer. Our system sends a notification after 40 minutes of idle time, alerting you that your session will time out upon 60 minutes of inactivity. If this happens, click "Ok" in the dialogue box to remain logged in. If your session times out at 60 minutes idle, you will need to log back in to your account.
- Back Button/Navigation Features
When navigating our site, we recommend using the "Back to prior page" link, located at the top, left-hand side of the screen. Using your browser's back button can cause your session to expire.
When applying within a specific job posting, feel free to use the step-by-step navigation pane, located at the top, center of the page to navigate between various application stages. You will receive navigation access within the pane to review and edit information, as you successively proceed through the application process. You will not be able to skip ahead to upcoming sections if you have not initially completed the preceding stages.
I do not have an email address. What do I do?
- We recommend trying Google or Yahoo. Both of these sites offer free email service.
I would like to submit my resume without applying to a specific position. How can I do that?
- Are you interested in learning more about what it's like to work at UPMC? Think you might be a good fit for one of our teams, but not ready to apply? Check out our Talent Network!
Can I submit a paper resume?
- Sorry! We only accept electronic applications and resumes. If you require assistance with our application, please contact us.
I am having difficulty finding a specific job posting.
- We're posting new positions every day! Not sure where to start? Check out our ‘Advanced Search Options.' You can narrow your search selection using job ID number, keywords, job family/field, facility, location, or position status. Please refer to our "Search Tips" side bar for additional assistance.
If you need some advice on how to interpret job titles, facility locations, or job families please visit us on the UPMC Careers Facebook page.
What is a Saved Search?
- The ‘Saved Search' feature allows you to store job search criteria for review at a later time. This resource is a great tool for keeping up to date on your search over time. This feature is designed to store up to five Saved Searches at a time! Once this limit is reached, you will need to delete older Saved Searches, in order to store new search criteria. To access your saved searches click "My Saved Searches" section under the "My Jobpage" tab.
How can I bookmark jobs of interest?
- When searching our jobs, you can click "add to cart" to easily save and return to jobs that interest you. Your job cart will maintain these positions as they remain open from each of your sessions.
Why did my resume/file attachment fail to upload?
- Your resume might have failed to upload for any of the following reasons:
- The resume file was too large or not formatted correctly. Files cannot exceed 1024 kilobytes in size. Try verifying the size and format, and upload your document again! We cannot accept files uploaded as compressed files (.zip) or images.
- The internet connection failed during the upload process. Try using the "Copy and Paste" option to continue with the application process if this error continues to occur!
- Please refer to the "Tips" side bar for additional assistance.
What if I am unable to complete my application in one session?
- We strongly encourage you to complete your entire application in one session. If you are unable to do so, your information will be saved in draft form for you to complete at a later time. Please note the draft application will only be available if the position remains available. Once a position is filled, any related drafts will no longer be available.
Why did some of my resume not default correctly into the application?
- While attempting to automatically populate certain resume information into the application section, some resume formats are not as compatible with our technology as others. Please review all populated information for accuracy before submitting your application!
Tip: For increased legibility, feel free to manually organize data within application stages where larger amounts of text have been populated, i.e. the "Responsibilities" category in the "Qualifications" stage. You will have a chance to review the information at the end of the application process to ensure proper formatting!
What is the UPMC Values Assessment?
- We're excited to feature the UPMC Values Assessment survey as a component of our application process. This tool is designed to ask questions that align with the UPMC Values to help us gauge how well you fit UPMC culture! Once completed, results will be stored in our database for future reference - no need to take the survey, again!
I read about the UPMC Values Assessment. How do I take the survey?
- Upon reaching the UPMC Values Assessment stage of our application process, you must click the "UPMC Values Assessment" link to move forward with your application. If you have not yet taken the questionnaire, you will be directed to the assessment page. If you have previously submitted the questionnaire and it remains valid, you will be rerouted to the next stage of the application process.
Want to learn more about the purpose of the UPMC Values Assessment? Check out our UPMC Careers Blog to hear from current employees about UPMC culture and values.
How will I know that I have successfully submitted my application?
- Once you agree to the terms and conditions of the application and click the "Submit" button, your application is complete! You should receive a confirmation notice on the screen that your application has been successfully submitted, as well as a confirmation email sent to your noted email address.
I would like to edit a resume and application I have previously submitted for a position. How can I do that?
- Once you successfully apply for a specific position, your submissions will be saved under the "My Jobpage" tab. Under each specific job listing, there should be a "View/Edit Submission" link, where you will be able to make changes to your application or resume. However, to facilitate your job search, we strongly recommend reviewing your information for accuracy before submitting your application! Limiting the number of edits will expedite the application review process.
Am I able to apply to the same job posting twice?
- Once you apply to a specific job posting, you will be unable to apply for the same position again. We encourage you to check back often! We are posting new and exciting positions every day.
What should I expect to happen after I submit my application?
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email verifying that we have received it. Our recruitment team will review your application and assess your qualifications as they pertain to the position. If we feel you are a good fit, you will be contacted for further screening/interviewing.
How can I check on the status of my applications?
- Click "My Submissions," located under the "My Jobpage" tab. Here, you will be able to review information pertaining to "Job Posting," "Job Status," and "Submission Status," for your applications.
TIP: Have additional questions about your job applications? Connect with us on the UPMC Careers Facebook and Twitter pages. We're happy to help - reach out, today!
How can I contact Talent Acquisition regarding a position?
- Should we feel that you are a good fit for one of our available job positions, an HR recruiter will reach out to you to schedule an interview. However, due to the large volume of inquiries, we do not respond directly to each applicant.
Why did a recruiter call me for a position I did not apply for?
- We keep all applications on file in our database. If we feel you are a good fit for an open position, even if you did not directly apply for the job, we may contact you to see if you'd be interested.